Top Speed Haines Signature

Reel' em in

Hi Guys

i have just purchased 2006 Haines Signature 520c with a 2006 Suzuki 115hp 4 stroke, my top speed is 28 to 29 knots which seems a bit slow, people have been telling me they have a similar size boat with the same HP and they are getting between 32 to 35 knots and some even a bit higher, can anyone help me out.

Thank you

My last Haines signature boats were setup with the engine to low and both gained a little from raising the engine (540f and 505rf). I also changed props with both boats to get the best out of them, Solas got me on track with both with thier own props.

What max rpm are you getting as it does seem like you should be getting another 4-5 knots from a 115. By the way I was getting just over 30kt on the 505rf with a Suzuki 90 and a alumininium Solas 17 pitch.

Jon

Edited by JonD

Thanks guys, I've got a 17 pitch on there now which reves to 6200rpm which I think is a bit hight, so I called Solas and they recommended a 19 pitch so I've found a 19 pitch genuine Suzuki alloy prop, so hopefully this helps

That should give you a bit more speed and drop the rpm right in the ball park. Shame I recently gave away a 19 Suzuki prop, post to let us know how much it improves by.

Jon

Hi guys

Took the boat out today to test the new prop, it performed really well all around I got a bit more top speed 30 to 31 knots and holds the plane much better, it's still revs at 5900rpm and I think I can even go up to a 21 inch pitch but I'm happy with how it's run

Hi guys

Took the boat out today to test the new prop, it performed really well all around I got a bit more top speed 30 to 31 knots and holds the plane much better, it's still revs at 5900rpm and I think I can even go up to a 21 inch pitch but I'm happy with how it's run

5900 sounds spot on, I wouldn't go 21 unless you planned on very light loads with pretty flat water and maybe lifting the engine one or two holes. Do you work the trim much when trying to get the top speed, a slight chop on the surface will give you more speed than flat water as it breaks surface tension.

Jon