Spring King

tobycb

With the forecast looking pretty good i shot out of Pittwater yesterday reasonably early (0630) solo.

Picked up a few good bait sized squid off the kelp without too much trouble, being watched by a pair of seals and couple of passing pods of dolphin.

The water temp was just under 18 degrees and looked a little green, there was a fair bit of alge/ or maybe bits of jellyfish in it.

Dragged the livie"s around Newy reef and the headlands on the way back for 0's

Headed back deeper into Pittwater, and picked up this 88cm fish when i was begging to think it was steak on the BBQ for dinner.

Made a nice Sushimi and will cook some tonight. Bring on summer.

Bit hard to take a fish selfie, but you get the idea.....post-19272-0-83754700-1476951147_thumb.jpg

Great catch! I was smoked on Saturday morning mid Pittwater by one of these. Had a strip of 'just caught' squid on a bream rod, big whack then I chased it for 20 mins until the uni-knot gave out. Heartbreaking! Like yours, it was down deep.

Edited by josamill

2 hours ago, josamill said:

Great catch! I was smoked on Saturday morning mid Pittwater by one of these. Had a strip of 'just caught' squid on a bream rod, big whack then I chased it for 20 mins until the uni-knot gave out. Heartbreaking! Like yours, it was down deep.

I was running 40lb braid with a 60lb leader so had every chance. Bit hard to stop on the bream setup!!