Blue mountains fly fishing

Avox

Hi guys

I'm going to be passing the blue mountains area mid-November and may have a day or so to play with. Have got my 5wt nymphing gear with me and would love to have a go at some trout.

Not from Australia and have never been before so any advice anyone had on which river and where to fish would be great.

Cheers

Kieran

Kieran, 

good reports coming from the Coxes River, the Fish River is holding a good volume of water and early reports indicate good conditioned Browns and spent bows recovering. If you need some access points send me a Pm. It will pay to have a topi map for the areas I can let you know which ones you'll need these will show crown roads and legal access points. 

Regatds

Royce

On 25 October 2016 at 7:22 AM, luderick -angler said:

Kieran, 

good reports coming from the Coxes River, the Fish River is holding a good volume of water and early reports indicate good conditioned Browns and spent bows recovering. If you need some access points send me a Pm. It will pay to have a topi map for the areas I can let you know which ones you'll need these will show crown roads and legal access points. 

Regatds

Royce

Thanks Royce - will send you a pm. 

On 25 October 2016 at 3:47 AM, HenryR said:

Hi Kieran,

If you haven't already, put 'Blue Mountains trout fishing' into a search engine. There's an excellent online guide to trouts in and around the Blue Mtns.

Thanks HenryR - very useful!