Slow days fishing for Luderick only one 43 cm.

blackfish angler

Fished today Woolwich with Broometime slow day but I got a 43cm first drift a few more downs and no fish the day was so slow. We only had 2 weeks old weed to use so it was hard to keep on the hook but we found it better than none . The fish did not want to play perfect drift sometimes you have it to good and I do not know why the fish were not taking the weed . Broometime even tried Weed Flys again no fish . One of those days .

DSCF5100[1].JPG

Edited by blackfish angler

One fish is better than none!

I've had a few blackie sessions where I hit a nice one early and get warmed up for a hot session only to have the bite drop off immediately. Goes with the territory I suppose!

Beaut fish nonetheless!

11 hours ago, Ryder said:

Oh, fish on the first drift is a good sign.

But, none after that?... Maybe too late start.

Still a quality fish!

5-30 am is not late to me they just did not want want the weed .6 hours fishing and 1 fish .

Edited by blackfish angler

Ever considered they are travelling fish? They're not schooling up? Now is the time of year they move onto the ocean rocks! There's heaps in the coast when conditions allow! 

I know you like this spot but that's what happens when you flog it! Yeah it's easy access but sometimes you got to go looking for the fish. If you don't you can be out of the loop for a while! If your cat grate starts to diminish week after week then that's when I start looking elsewhere. Plus I got 60 years of dads knowledge of the harbour behind me! That's what the boys and I consider to be why we're usually amongst a few! 

10 hours ago, luderick -angler said:

Ever considered they are travelling fish? They're not schooling up? Now is the time of year they move onto the ocean rocks! There's heaps in the coast when conditions allow! 

I know you like this spot but that's what happens when you flog it! Yeah it's easy access but sometimes you got to go looking for the fish. If you don't you can be out of the loop for a while! If your cat grate starts to diminish week after week then that's when I start looking elsewhere. Plus I got 60 years of dads knowledge of the harbour behind me! That's what the boys and I consider to be why we're usually amongst a few! 

Mate did you read my Location in my Profile .