Saltwater fly fishing Sydney.

Avox

Hi guys

I've got a few days in Sydney next week and have got my 9 weight fly gear with me. Would love to have a go at some flathead or anything else that can be tempted by fly. Am not from the country so not sure what to expect so any advice on patterns to use, where to have a go and what tide state/time of day would be really appreciated. I will be based in Bondi. 

Cheers

Kieran

Not my area of expertise but you could try for luderick off south Bondi rocks near icebergs using a weed fly.

Rose Bay would be another local spot to try for estuary species but not sure what patterns to recommend.

3 hours ago, jdanger said:

Not my area of expertise but you could try for luderick off south Bondi rocks near icebergs using a weed fly.

Rose Bay would be another local spot to try for estuary species but not sure what patterns to recommend.

Thanks Jdanger. Are there any fishing shops that you know of in the Bondi area which would be able to advise on where to give things a go?

On 11/5/2016 at 1:12 PM, Avox said:

Thanks Jdanger. Are there any fishing shops that you know of in the Bondi area which would be able to advise on where to give things a go?

There is tackle store in the centre of Sydney CBD.  They specialize in fly fishing, so should know the things like where and what...