Berkley Gulp worms

Mr_clownface

Hi there 

I picked up some berkley blood worms last time I was in Kmart and will give it a go when I head to the south coast next month for beach and estuary fishing,

are they worthwhile?

im interested to hear people's impressions of this soft plastic bait 

cheers

FWIW we use SP and hard body lures exclusively when estuary and river fishing. The Berkley blood worms are great for whiting when drifting across sand flats. Jighead size is dependent on current and depth of water fished, but using as small a jighead as possible will get results. We have also caught bream and flatties with blood worms SP. Good luck.

Mixed experience for Berkley Gulp.

Pros: They attract fish.

Cons: They do not last long as they are made of some soft water-based stuff unlike most SPs.  They dry and shrink relatively quickly, you have to keep them in the package with 'juice' which may leak and will stink. The 'juice' will be damaging your jig heads if the stored lure is rigged.

I prefer traditional(oil-based) SPs of different brands +  scents. Berkley calls them - PowerBait.

Hi mate I've used them in the shoal haven river on a running sinker rig and had great success while my two offsiders with fresh prawns couldn't get a bite.They switched and started catching.Im sure they would work in the surf too.Just remember the above advice about storage they dry out quick.Good luck.

5 hours ago, jordy said:

Hi mate I've used them in the shoal haven river on a running sinker rig and had great success while my two offsiders with fresh prawns couldn't get a bite.They switched and started catching.Im sure they would work in the surf too.Just remember the above advice about storage they dry out quick.Good luck.

Just to make sure I understand this

you actually cast and rig them the same as bait and let the surf do all the work?

• 2 weeks later...