Coalcliff fishing

Newaz

Hello there, 

I havent done that much fishing, only in neighbourhiod and need some help with it.

I am planning to go to coalcliff under the seacliff bridge, on the rocks for fishing, crowded, but can catch very good size fish. Wondering if anyone could possibly tell me the route to go from the main rd towards seacliff bridge to the famous coalcliff fishing spot. So far i know, there are no direct access there with car, need to park the car somewhere and walk. thats all i know. pls help.

Lastly, about the gears. I am planning to buy shimano socorro 5000 reels, confused on rods and line, which rods shall i go with and shall i go with braids or mono or flouro. I gave a thought on Penn spinfisher..but read a review on it, so decided not to ::(

If anyone can put some light on it. pls! 

Edited by Newaz

3 hours ago, elferoz777 said:

Its patterson Rd you need to  park on. near number 22 is where the park is.

Thanks! Trying my luck for salmon, heard abt it alot. trying my luck. ;)

Any suggestion on socorro 5000 will be good enough or not and any light on rods; lastly braids, mono or floura nd which brand; it ll be helpful. :)

If your keen on chasing salmon, there pushing bait up against the blow hole headland around Kiama lately. Not that much further to drive than Coalcliff. Try small clear plastics or poppers. Please be careful, location has claimed afew lives in the past.