Luderick - top session from the rocks

luderick -angler

Another glorious day another early start! Walked the track out to the ledges with Trevor this morning to be greeted by a nice gentle nor East swell and a rising tide. Ended up calling it quits at lunch time with 17 in the bag. We dropped heaps at the base of the ledge. Had a surprise when two fellow Luderick men turned up have not fished with for a while they ended up with a good bag as well! Fishevarecon off the rocks! 

image.jpg

Just now, Green Hornet said:

Nice bag.

At least someone's out there getting them.

Haha thanks mate. The full moon I think puts them off a bit. They are there but having to leave your float go under for a 10 second count on the stones in a good wash???? No matter how big or small the bait. They are still in naughty mode as well. And I think the bulk of the Luderick are out on the coast and beaches now. Getting good reports from a lot of ledges now. Always pays to move around and try different spots. Change of scenery and keeps your finger on the pulse. Regardless of what type of fish you chase understanding tides moon phases and fish movement helps a lot to get a few! 

2 minutes ago, luderick -angler said:

Haha thanks mate. The full moon I think puts them off a bit. They are there but having to leave your float go under for a 10 second count on the stones in a good wash???? No matter how big or small the bait. They are still in naughty mode as well. And I think the bulk of the Luderick are out on the coast and beaches now. Getting good reports from a lot of ledges now. Always pays to move around and try different spots. Change of scenery and keeps your finger on the pulse. Regardless of what type of fish you chase understanding tides moon phases and fish movement helps a lot to get a few! 

November - December is usually prime time down here, but I've just started a new business and haven't had time to scratch myself, let alone wet a line. Hopefully I'll catch up soon and get a chance to get back out there, plus I'm looking forward to getting around to building up a new rod.

4 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Solid session and a nice healthy bag of blackies there.

Good work LA, wish I knew where some of your secret haunts were!

Mate none of the spots I fish are secret lol. Quite often I get seen by a lot of people. I tho k the difference to others is I have the benefit of my late Dads knowledge and tuition. A photographic memory plus it's pretty much all I chase! Put the hours in move about, experiment and a dose of luck some days! It all works out!