Jervis bay fishing

Newaz

Hello raiders, 

Need help with locations for fishing at jervis bay, mainly for salmon bonito kingies. What abt hyams beach, any good for these fish? pls suggest! 

Any suggestions for how to fish up there, will be helpful.

Will b heading there next week thursday early morning. Not familiar with the area. 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Newaz

I've lived at Hyams Beach most of my life and could count the number of salmon and bonito I've caught there on one hand.

Its a better tailor spot but they don't show up until autumn.

If you're serious you'd be better fishing some of the ocean beaches close by for salmon and the rocks around Govenor Head or Stoney Creek for bonito and salmon as well. Just watch the swell.

4 hours ago, MV Sunray said:

I take it your land based? 

You can try spinning salmon off plantation point. There are maps available which show the sanctuary zones within the bay.

Yup. land based. thanks

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

I've lived at Hyams Beach most of my life and could count the number of salmon and bonito I've caught there on one hand.

Its a better tailor spot but they don't show up until autumn.

If you're serious you'd be better fishing some of the ocean beaches close by for salmon and the rocks around Govenor Head or Stoney Creek for bonito and salmon as well. Just watch the swell.

Thanks greenhornet. I will be coming all the way from sydney to fish and will leave on the same day. I saw the clear water and thought it will be a great place for salmon, in that case it wont be worthwhile. will try out there some other time :)