Bundeena fishing

Newaz

Hello raiders,

After some suggestion for fishing in bundeena bay, never fished there before. Heading there this friday early morning when the tide is at max. After tailor, bonito and salmon. Read few reviews about bonito out there, and even kingie. Any other spot for such fish  will be helpful. 

Thanks in advance

Still a bit early for the pelagics to be easy pickings, you seem to be hopping from place to place chasing them. Pick a place and take some time to learn it's fishability as well as best swell/wind etc. It'll help when the pelagic action heats up.

1 minute ago, Lungfai76 said:

Still a bit early for the pelagics to be easy pickings, you seem to be hopping from place to place chasing them. Pick a place and take some time to learn it's fishability as well as best swell/wind etc. It'll help when the pelagic action heats up.

thanks for the suggestion lungfai.

Any places near by for such fish, i live in sydney. I did fishing in bass point, and got salmon, mackerel, bonito :) Actually, me and mates planned for fishing at bass point coming friday, but the weather, wind swell aren't favourable. so will wait for it. Any suggestions will be helpful :) 

Weather and wind look fine on my apps, massive swells though but they are coming from the south so who knows how Bass will turn out ?

I don't fish Sydney but I hear the blokes on here chase pelagics at numerous spots inside the harbour. Pier 2 over at the rocks, Balmoral, and a few others places I can't remember the name of.

Yeah bonitos next month.

The Gong is not a place to be chasing pelagics, both breakwalls are still closed so everyone will be fighting for a spot on the few ledges left. Good time to get the yak out though ?

I use a combination of weather apps and swell apps (particularly ones for surfing) to determine fishability. I don't let wind affect my choice of location unless it's blowing a gale.

I find bass point best place to fish these fish,safe..in compare to coalcliff and hill 60.. as I am new to fishing, can you please tell me upto what swell height it is fishable, where the weather is alright? :)

Edited by Newaz

Funny thing about bass point, I would fish it no matter the size of swell if the fish were on. Relatively safe and if you sport those 10ft plus rods you can cast from dry land. I have a 7ft rod so am usually bottom wet ?.

As for this weeks fishing, I'd give it a miss as there's not much going on.