Landbased fishing spot

Newaz

G'day raiders, 

There are raiders who have been fishing for yearssss..they are experienced and knowledgeable about fishing. If possibly, you guys can share land based fishing spot/locations will be great. I go fishing every now and then. I am currently going at bass point every week. I dont mind driving 2hrs from sydney. Info on spots for salmon, bonito, mekarel, kingie will be much helpful. :)

Newaz

Edited by Newaz

There are some great spots all over the harbour, both well-known and hidden. Eastern suburbs has some good spots, also the North Shore and Northern Beaches, Middle Harbour.

Best thing to do would be to find a tackle shop in an area you would like to fish and ask them there. Then talk to other fishos and see if they can add to your information.

What area are you in by the way?

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

There are some great spots all over the harbour, both well-known and hidden. Eastern suburbs has some good spots, also the North Shore and Northern Beaches, Middle Harbour.

Best thing to do would be to find a tackle shop in an area you would like to fish and ask them there. Then talk to other fishos and see if they can add to your information.

What area are you in by the way?

hello Mike. thats a great advice and will deifnitelyu look after it. I live in rockdale. fishing spots nearby me are all with breams, flatheads and other fishos. I am after the pelagics :( bonito will head up to bass point end of next month..i get bored fishing at the same place again n again..wanna try new land based rock fishing spot with such fishos :) 

1 hour ago, Razzell said:

Hello bud. Thank you. this link will save my life.. just a question, what kinda fish can be caught up these locations..? I am after just few species namely salmon bonito kingie mekarel lol

In the summer, you should be in with a chance of all those fish in those locations. But you certainly haven't picked the easiest fish to catch!

Your best bet is to find a spot on that map that looks good, then google the name of the place along with 'fishing report' - you should get an idea of how to fish them and what to expect.

1 hour ago, Newaz said:

hello Mike. thats a great advice and will deifnitelyu look after it. I live in rockdale. fishing spots nearby me are all with breams, flatheads and other fishos. I am after the pelagics :( bonito will head up to bass point end of next month..i get bored fishing at the same place again n again..wanna try new land based rock fishing spot with such fishos :) 

My guess is that the best place for such species would be around the ocean platforms at the heads.

Me too, I always like to try new spots and it is always satisfying to have some success when testing a spot for the first time!

Rock fishing requires safety equipment, experience and a partner, so only go with others who know a particular spot and always pay heed to safety.

Good luck!

37 minutes ago, Razzell said:

In the summer, you should be in with a chance of all those fish in those locations. But you certainly haven't picked the easiest fish to catch!

Your best bet is to find a spot on that map that looks good, then google the name of the place along with 'fishing report' - you should get an idea of how to fish them and what to expect.

thanks razzell

32 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

My guess is that the best place for such species would be around the ocean platforms at the heads.

Me too, I always like to try new spots and it is always satisfying to have some success when testing a spot for the first time!

Rock fishing requires safety equipment, experience and a partner, so only go with others who know a particular spot and always pay heed to safety.

Good luck!

new spots are fun to try as you actually dnt know what u catch up with...hahaha  I will try one after another spots that razzal linked with a bit of research..will keep updating.,..

bass point is a safer rock fishing place to fish in compare to coalcliff...still everyone should wear safety equipment.. in this spot if u r lucky, u ll come home 10-15salmons, mecarels, or a big kingie..but empty handed most of the days..hope it picks up soon next month with bonito... hahaha :)

Try Kiama blowhole next time you come down, check charts for swell direction and height. Ledge faces south, south east, and east so pick days that will make things safe and easy for you.

Pelagic species caught are Bonito, Salmon, Stripeys and Yellowfin. Slimeys come in also but of the forearm sized varieties.

59 minutes ago, Lungfai76 said:

Try Kiama blowhole next time you come down, check charts for swell direction and height. Ledge faces south, south east, and east so pick days that will make things safe and easy for you.

Pelagic species caught are Bonito, Salmon, Stripeys and Yellowfin. Slimeys come in also but of the forearm sized varieties.

U been helpful as always lungfai