Nepean Boat Based Bass Spots

TheFoosh

Hi,

Just wondering where on the Nepean I can chase some decent Bass without contending with speedboats and jet ski's etc?

I know I can launch at Penrith but that gets hit pretty hard with speedboats. Any other boat ramps and stretches where I can get some Bass in peace?

If I were you I would be doing a few extra miles and head for the Colo river no speed boats and good Bass fishing, there is a small akward ramp at the mouth of the river on the northern side. We call the bridge that goes over it ( the bridge to nowhere ) I don't know the correct name.

Single lane lamp and pretty rough slope to it so be careful and take your time backing down to the water. but once you get the boat in the river is magic.

Hope this helps.

Frank

Just now, frankS said:

If I were you I would be doing a few extra miles and head for the Colo river no speed boats and good Bass fishing, there is a small akward ramp at the mouth of the river on the northern side. We call the bridge that goes over it ( the bridge to nowhere ) I don't know the correct name.

Single lane lamp and pretty rough slope to it so be careful and take your time backing down to the water. but once you get the boat in the river is magic.

Hope this helps.

Frank

Have to agree the Colo is one of the top Bass grounds .

There's nothing wrong with the river launching at tench, once you get up above the speed limit zone its pretty good. The other option is the river between Windsor and North Richmond, no boats and not bad fishing in a tinny.

Matt

Guest Smobaby

Just keep heading past the gorge a few kms speed restriction to 8 knots no more JetSki or speed boats the further you explore the quieter it gets