The Rain!

Richie

we didn't really get that much in the northern suburbs, maybe 10-15mm max since monday. might be enough to muddy the water a little and stir the fish a bit, but twice that amount would really have been better.

(i think the southern suburbs got a fair bit more rain, around 30mm)

G'day Richie

Depends what you want to fish for. Appletree bay is a favorite place of mine. I sometimes chase tailor and salmon (when they are around), but they seem to bugger off after the water gets a little murky. But the bream seem to be more willing to bite when there is a bit of murk in the water. I have heard that when the water is not so clear you should use a smelly bait (like pillies) as the fish rely less on sight and more on smell. Makes sense I guess... Not sure if the pelagics are back into Cowan yet. Does anyone else know? Good luck. If you go to ATB, tell us how it goes!

Mate the Jewies will be on the bight in a big way get out there and wet a line up your trace size and work some plastics. My mate caught 2 on monday morning the first was 4 kgs and the second was 13 kgs he was stoked. When he gutted the big one it had heaps of earth worms in its gut so if you have any worm plastics give them a go good luck

Thanks for the info.

I was a bit worried that all the rain would turn the fish off, but I'll try anyway.

Appletree and Figtree are two of my favorite spots. Nothing huge has come out of either spot, but they both offer a relaxing morning by the water...

The session is sunday sunrise now, I need to buy some more jig-heads and maybe some other "needed" items. I reckon they call it terminal tackle cause after the missus finds out how much you've spent she kills you...