Blue Swimmer Crabs

dogbox

I just got back from a few days at Burrill Lake which was some excellent fishing. While there I invested in some new crap traps because the witches hats are restricted from Burrill lake.

Crabs galore in the lake had some great catches. It has renewed my interest in crabbing.

Has anyone been crabbing recently in Botany Bay or the Georges river. Interested to hear is anyone has caught any mud crabs, I've heard there in the Wonny.

Dogbox

I was grabbing in Botany Bay last week.  Weather not the best choppy and windy.  Still we got 10 between us.  Going back out on Friday for a Christmas feed.

on the northern side of Towra we picked up a couple of big ones, but because tide went to low I had trouble getting my Seafarer into the best spots.

somone in a lighter tinnie, I think would clean up.

good luck

I took a photo of the guy in the boat for future reference. 

He made a number of excuses but they where drowned out by my yelling at him of being a low life. As much as I think it's a crime and it is, its petty theft. 

I have reported it to authorities but I don't expect anything to come of it. 

Yes, for some reason, lots of blue swimmers in the lake! Fished for a couple of hours this morning, constantly catching crabs or losing bait to them. Moved around still more crabs coming up and letting go when close to the yak.

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 10:36 AM, Holls said:

Yes, for some reason, lots of blue swimmers in the lake! Fished for a couple of hours this morning, constantly catching crabs or losing bait to them. Moved around still more crabs coming up and letting go when close to the yak.

if fishing with a line net them from behind before it breaks the Surface or it will let go. There is a bit of a knack to it and  once you get it you will land far more than you lose. Not sure I'd want to do this from a yak though. Sounds like a good way to get your bits pinched.

On 27 December 2016 at 7:05 AM, dogbox said:

I took a photo of the guy in the boat for future reference. 

He made a number of excuses but they where drowned out by my yelling at him of being a low life. As much as I think it's a crime and it is, its petty theft. 

I have reported it to authorities but I don't expect anything to come of it. 

DB

I would report him just cause I could.

Low life knew what he was doing.

May be a phone call from fisheries might deter him from doing it next time!