Another Shark Caught In Tuggerah Lakes

Jethro

Front page of todays local paper. Another shark caught at The Entrance

“A shark estimated to weigh more than 50kg, was rescued at the Entrance channel last Friday after it beached itself three times on sandbars.....”

“The shark was either a bronze whaler or bull shark....”

The story goes that a bloke saw the shark come in the channel from a mates balcony. It was obviously disorientated so they followed it down the channel where it tried to beach itself a few times.

The fella dragged it back into deeper water and held it in the current for a while forcing clean water through its gills trying to revive it. By all accounts it swam away but the article doesn’t say which way it headed .

Full credit to the bloke for making the effort to try and save the shark. In years gone by it would have been clubbed to death out of misguided fear.

Here is the photo from the paper. It was taken with a mobile phone to the image is pretty average.

post-44-1129790465_thumb.jpg

Hiya guys; sourced the pix a week or two ago and rejected em for the Tele; I was deeply sus of this one. It really appeared to me that it was a blue shark; extra long pectorals, right head shape, right very slender body etc. Wondered whether someone decided to take the pee and brought one back from out wide after the furore over the lake's baby great white. chers Bombie

So your mate was right! :1prop::1prop:

So it turns out. The heading I put up over there started with "He was right!!!"

It should make for an intersting read today..........

Bombie - You could be right. From the sketchy photo in the paper I wouldn't have picked it as a Bronzie. Have you seen other photos??

:074: Nice one Jethro. I'll be tuning in throughout the day to check the responses. :thumbup: If it's as good as last time it should be a cracker.

By the way, hows the quitting smoking going? Have you had to force yourself not to strangle anyone yet?

Shane

:1fishing1:

By the way, hows the quitting smoking going? Have you had to force yourself not to strangle anyone yet?

Its been pretty quiet over there today with someone very noticable by their absence

:biggrin2: ...... he might turn up over the weekend..

I have been doing ok on the quitting smoking thing. I am on the patches which seems to take the edge off.... Haven't even looked sideways at one so far but I haven't been near it all week :biggrin2: .

The test will come tonight. I am off to a mates place for dinner, a few drinks and off to the pub. Of course they are all smokers..... but I recon I will be able to stick to it, even if I come home early ... fingers crossed

Edited by Jethro