Bonnies at Avoca

fishywang34

Hit South Avoca rock platform this morning   Just before sunrise and started throwing around some 40g spanyids. Managed 5 bonnies, the largest going 50cm. Managed to catch 2 rat kings as well which was a first for me, pretty exciting stuff! 

Hope to see you on the ledge. 

Just a reminder to stay safe on the rocks and always wear appropriate footwear. 

Sorry about the potato quality pics.IMG_3950.JPG

I knew I should have dragged my arse out of bed this morning.. alarm set at 3. went back to sleep. woke up at 6 and figured I'd missed it. bugger it. I'll float some pillies around high this arvo through to dusk and see what happens..  

3 hours ago, fishywang34 said:

Hit South Avoca rock platform this morning   Just before sunrise and started throwing around some 40g spanyids. Managed 5 bonnies, the largest going 50cm. Managed to catch 2 rat kings as well which was a first for me, pretty exciting stuff! 

Hope to see you on the ledge. 

Just a reminder to stay safe on the rocks and always wear appropriate footwear. 

Sorry about the potato quality pics.IMG_3950.JPG

Thank you very much for the report mate

Well done

Tight lines on the ledge!

No worries, saw people were wondering about Bonnies so headed out to have a spin and see if they were biting. The bite was consistent from when I got there to about 9am then it tapered off. That's when the kings turned up. Fish were being caught on metals, hardbodies as well as pillies suspended under floats.

Guest Guest123456789

You know Wang, karma has a way of rewarding good deeds like this, one day you'll be fishing and something will happen whereby this deed you've done will catch up with you.

3 hours ago, jackiean said:

Was this all caught on 40g lures? great catch mate! i was planning on going avoca today also but slept in

Yeah all caught on 40g Spanyid Raiders.

1 hour ago, flatheadluke said:

You know Wang, karma has a way of rewarding good deeds like this, one day you'll be fishing and something will happen whereby this deed you've done will catch up with you.

Thanks Luke! Happy to help :)