Mixed Bag In The Freash

Basserman

me and a mate headed up river here on the mid north coast yesterday chaseing some Bass

was met with a chill and a drizzel but we were desprate (to destrate as at the ramp we both thought each other had put the bungs in) well after the half hour pump from the bilge to get us dry again we headed off looking for some bass

Bass played it pretty quite while we were plauged with the bream that were liveing in the freash water and my mate also hooked and got to the boat a mullet of about 2kg (yes hooked in the mouth and taken on the retrive)

after midday the bass started to come on (for my mate!)with my mate getting a few nice ones rangeing from 33cm to the fork to 44cm to the fork my best was only 41 to the fork

all up for the day we managed between us 11 bass 7 bream including one double hook up and one lonley mullet

post-1190-1129855077_thumb.jpg

post-1190-1129855108_thumb.jpg

Stuffem If I want to fish there I will!, when they ask me to move on, I ask for proof that I cant fish there, then I hang around just for a matter of principle, even if im not getting anything, I used to just move on till a bloke in Cowan (wont mention what marina) threatend to sink me, now they can get stuffed...

There are some big bream under marina wharves and some of the gin palaces that rarely move!!

yeh the bream were VERY yellow in the daylight and sure didn't look like the silver scales like i'm used to

all we put it down to was that they just changed coulor in the freash however i would like to know the best way of ruleing them out as black bream (don't think we have blacks this far up but you never know)

the plastic that did most of the damage was a 2ich gulp in punkinseed :biggrin2:

post-1190-1129859981_thumb.jpg

post-1190-1129860001_thumb.jpg

yes they sure are nice fish in even nicer country (geez i love the country! haha city boys :1prop: )

up the forunt i have one sounder that is run down the leg of the electric motor and mounted on the houseing and also another sound down the back mounted the normal way :thumbup:

yes the mullet did fall for a gulp and was funny as both of us were only talking about mullets on plastics that morning with me saying that they are not unheard of but sure don't see too many of them happening

i myself have caught two mullet one on a small diver while fishing for bass and another on a red run squidgy plastic while fishing for bream

mind you thats two mullet and countless bream and bass and a gillion casts :074:

post-1190-1129966704_thumb.jpg

Basserman

Is the area you where fishing around Wingham near Taree? Those bream that you catch up in the fresh sure seem to fight alot harder dont you reckon?

Gaven

yeh fish both the manning and the macleay river for the bass and only on the odd occasiong the hastings

i been fishing near telegraph point for the last two days and have only manageed one bgream of about 33cm and heaps of droped fish and also a few flatties (think i missed one today that would of been over the 80cm mark, didn't get to see it but it fought like a flattie and spat the hook just after i managed to turns its head)

so it seems i may need to start fishing the freash waters to catch my bream at this rate :tease: