Shoal haven river

Fab1

Hi all,It's been a few years since we've been to Nowra and I've promised my wife to take her on a day trip to the river for a fish from our boat either before or after New Year to have a good crack at hopefully some Flatties,whiting or flounder.

I can remember fishing around pig island on the drift,up the creek and in the green well point area but not much else.

Can someone that's a better angler than us recommend any general areas to try and with what baits?

We use to launch from the ramp beside Nowra bridge or greenwell point.

Thanks for any help either here or pm,s.

Cheers.

Have heard that just inside Broughton Creek is firing for the flatties atm. 

This was from someone at the boat ramp down at shoalhaven heads so can't confirm the info. 

Good luck. 

Cheers

Tara

Thanks Tara,That's the name of the creek I was thinking of.

Around 1996-7 I was fishing the mouth of broughton  creek and hooked and landed a massive bream measuring 56cm that I released caught on a half pilly picked up of the bottom.There were a few blue noses just inside the mouth that day which I'm sure my berley got there attention.

Ill try a few drifts in different places and see what results we get.

Gday Fab. There are some monster bream and jews to be had just east of Greys beach boat ramp ,next to the Nowra bridge.Only a 5 min trip. Try the group of exposed rocks mid channel, you'll know what I mean when you see them, or the pulp outlet from the paper mill. Plenty of spots round there. Be careful in your tinny west of the bridge as the wakeboard boats wake can easily swamp a tinny your size, plus its madness west of the bridge this time of year with all the yahoos sking and boarding, used to be one of them ? and can vouch for there arrogance towards smaller boats. Have fun beautiful spot.

3 hours ago, Rah said:

Sounds like worth a try for sure. Be sure to let me know how you go. I've never fished up that far of the shoalhaven or that far down Broughton Creek. 

Cheers

Tara

Will do Tara.

2 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Gday Fab. There are some monster bream and jews to be had just east of Greys beach boat ramp ,next to the Nowra bridge.Only a 5 min trip. Try the group of exposed rocks mid channel, you'll know what I mean when you see them, or the pulp outlet from the paper mill. Plenty of spots round there. Be careful in your tinny west of the bridge as the wakeboard boats wake can easily swamp a tinny your size, plus its madness west of the bridge this time of year with all the yahoos sking and boarding, used to be one of them ? and can vouch for there arrogance towards smaller boats. Have fun beautiful spot.

I know the exposed rock you mean very well, Scraping my hull years back on them was right up there with the silly things I've done.

I'm also well aware at the wake those boats throw out and feel for the poor old kayakers more than me as there's a lot of selfish boaters out there from what I have seen which I'm sure the people with kayaks will agree.

Im more worried about the ramp than anything at this time of year.

cheers.