Last beach session in 2016

wchh

Happy New Year to everyone!

Armed with one frozen 37cm tailor caught from Wanda beach two days ago, we arrived at Maroubra beach with the only bait. Found a slot between weeds currently in the waves, we set up two rods with small piece of tailor on 3/0 hooks.

Within about two hours between the usual scene of shovelnoses, we caught two take home fish. The bream at 34 cm was the second best I caught off Maroubra beach.

CharlesIMG_4845.JPGIMG_4846.JPG

Edited by wchh

looks grt mate. what bait and hook did you use to catch the tailor at wanda. i did a 7 hrs night session, only an undersize trevally in the morning few days back, but next day tried again and got a salmon.

20 hours ago, Newaz said:

looks grt mate. what bait and hook did you use to catch the tailor at wanda. i did a 7 hrs night session, only an undersize trevally in the morning few days back, but next day tried again and got a salmon.

For tailor, I use single 3/0 suicide hook on a 30-40 cm section of 80 lb leader (instead of using wire) tied onto 40 to 60 lb leader through a swivel. Bait is half or whole pilchard. Matter of fact, I use this set up for almost all my beach fishing. 

Charles

20 hours ago, blackfish angler said:

Well done some nice fish.

Thanks. I went back last night and got the same result. Three shovelnoses, one bream, one tailor. I got bitten off at around 10:15pm I think it was some sort of shark. I felt the bite/pull and struck but there was no pressure. Ended up the 50 pound main line was bitten off and I lost everything hook and sinker. I had this type of bitten off three times now. The main line came back with about 50 cm section at the end scuffed.

Charles 

7 hours ago, wchh said:

For tailor, I use single 3/0 suicide hook on a 30-40 cm section of 80 lb leader (instead of using wire) tied onto 40 to 60 lb leader through a swivel. Bait is half or whole pilchard. Matter of fact, I use this set up for almost all my beach fishing. 

Charles

I have a sent a PM :)