Snakes

DMG

Just letting you know,years ago when Prince Henry Hospital was still open.

I went down to a spot at South Sydney called Jolong,anyway I walked along the track that the Golfers use and to my surprise was bitten by a baby Brown Snake or Coastal Taipan along the cliff tops.

So keep this in mind,even when near cliff tops on the coast, snakes are still around.

Edited by DMG

I've seen blacks and browns from Malabar  down to Cale Banks fortunately most snakes will take off before you even see them! They only really go you if cornered or provoked or when mating. The worst are tigers thankfully I've never run into a lot of them. On snake strikes most are defensive and the snake may not have a full load of venom built up. If you see the head and throats flattened out then that's when they're ready to go and may ha Eva full dose of venom. Good safety tips are wear long loose fitting cotton grill pants or gaiters in snakey country. They will strike and once they contact the trouser think they have made contact not full prof but can work. Always carry three compression bandages apart from treating snake bites are good for sprains and breaks

53 minutes ago, luderick -angler said:

I've seen blacks and browns from Malabar  down to Cale Banks fortunately most snakes will take off before you even see them! They only really go you if cornered or provoked or when mating. The worst are tigers thankfully I've never run into a lot of them. On snake strikes most are defensive and the snake may not have a full load of venom built up. If you see the head and throats flattened out then that's when they're ready to go and may ha Eva full dose of venom. Good safety tips are wear long loose fitting cotton grill pants or gaiters in snakey country. They will strike and once they contact the trouser think they have made contact not full prof but can work. Always carry three compression bandages apart from treating snake bites are good for sprains and breaks

Some sound advice from Royce

Yer this one was basking in the sun on the golf course buggy track in the sticks and twigs,got really sick from it for 3 days,ended up in hospital,but I lived in that area a long time never expected to see a snake around there,anyway just wanted to let you know cause I never expected it and I am sure there are others out there that are not expecting snakes to be around the cliff tops of malabar etc.

Anyway ;)

lol Savit ,I have never been back to Jolong nor will you see me anywhere near Oberon Lake.:lol:

Edited by DMG

17 minutes ago, DMG said:

lol Savit ,I have never been back to Jolong nor will you see me anywhere near Oberon Lake.:lol:

Actually I am thinking now that it is not a cold water that makes people wear waders for freshwater fishing :074:.

I do not know what was wrong with Oberon, however I fished recently Thredbo and Jindabyne and did not notice anything.

7 hours ago, savit said:

Actually I am thinking now that it is not a cold water that makes people wear waders for freshwater fishing :074:.

I do not know what was wrong with Oberon, however I fished recently Thredbo and Jindabyne and did not notice anything.

Savit you have to open your eyes mate to notice anything .