Hawkesbury day out

mammoth64

Decided to hit the Hawkesbury this morning with the young fella, we set out and put the crab pots then headed over near the sandbar on the south side of Dangar. Nothing spectacular, couple of small flatties, a 22 and a 25 cm so back they went, the 25cm had a hook lodged in it's gills from a previous release so goes to show they do come back and not everyone is keeping the littles. 

Went and checked the pots, found they had been moved away from where I had set them so obviously someone had been kind enough to check them for me<_<.

Changed the location of the pots to the sandbar close to the freeway and fishing under the bridge, got 1 reasonable sized Taylor good little fighter but 2cm undersize so he lived to fight another day. Time to leave picked up the pots and bagged ourselves 1 good sized swimmer.

So end of the day Dad and young fella had a great time and 1 crab for the pot.:D

Edited by mammoth64

1 hour ago, mammoth64 said:

Decided to hit the Hawkesbury this morning with the young fella, we set out and put the crab pots then headed over near the sandbar on the south side of Dangar. Nothing spectacular, couple of small flatties, a 22 and a 25 cm so back they went, the 25cm had a hook lodged in it's gills from a previous release so goes to show they do come back and not everyone is keeping the littles. 

Went and checked the pots, found they had been moved away from where I had set them so obviously someone had been kind enough to check them for me<_<.

Changed the location of the pots to the sandbar close to the freeway and fishing under the bridge, got 1 reasonable sized Taylor good little fighter but 2cm undersize so he lived to fight another day. Time to leave picked up the pots and bagged ourselves 1 good sized swimmer.

So end of the day Dad and young fella had a great time and 1 crab for the pot.:D

A good day even with the nets being lifted. Not that uncommon an act down there, I never leave my nets unguarded now. Always in sight of them, I had come across a boat edging into one, they took off when they spotted me closing in with a camera out. My father on the other hand jumped into a boat, ripped the net out of the bloke's hand, gave them a mouthful and told them to rack off after informing them he was a copper....