Rod and reel advice

MattGb1989

Hey fellow raiders,

I'm looking for any advice on what to purchase for a new rod n reel for estray fishing from wharfs and landbase using both sp's and bait targeting flatties, bream and Whitting. My budget is $150-$200 all up. I'm also looking for a cheap reel for an old Jarvis walker I have just as a second rod to use.

Cheers

Brownie 

I just got the 6kg veritas combo and took it off shore, cleaned up the spotted mack with it. Got 3 around 7+ kgs and didnt havea problem with the rod, was fun on the lighter gear.

Those combos have a decent review from users as far as i know :) i think there on sale for $160

i personally have a shimano raider 722 1-4kg with a shimano aernos on it but you could definitely use a sienna or sedona on it. its honestly a really great rod and reel combo for the price and you wont have any trouble casting soft plastics especially with light braided lines such as daiwa j braid or sunline super in anywhere between 6-10lb

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, brad_tate said:

Shimano Raider or Starlo Classix 7' with a Symetre 2500 reel is a good combo for that budget.

Cheers bud,

I bought the Abu Garcia vertilas with a 250 reel, was on sale as a combo and was well worth the money. But I will keep that in mind as I also picked up a 3-5kg Shimano rod of my bro as he didn't need it no more so now need a reel for that.

Brownie