Allen and Krause Yak trip

allen_f

Are you going more for the fast or slow style jigs? I've picked myself up a slimy mackerel blue 30g in the fast jig which I'm keen to check out as I know there's plenty of slimys in the bay at the moment. Not sure which brand I went for, probably not the most expensive one!

Might go for a yakka coloured slow jig, hedge my bets and see if I can tempt a kingy.

Oops, just realised this report was made.  Thanks for the words and the badge :) i tend to find that jiging is more a reaction bite than color related. But i don't know if im really jigging, i just rip it up in bursts, but fish like it

53 minutes ago, corro said:

Are you going more for the fast or slow style jigs? I've picked myself up a slimy mackerel blue 30g in the fast jig which I'm keen to check out as I know there's plenty of slimys in the bay at the moment. Not sure which brand I went for, probably not the most expensive one!

Might go for a yakka coloured slow jig, hedge my bets and see if I can tempt a kingy.

I just rip up and down with the jigs and I have had luck with both an orange and a blue jig, so I'm not sure as to whether colours really do make a difference just yet. I've heard the storm gomoku jigs are pretty good but theyre a bit pricey for me, you can get knock offs for half the price :D The jigs I have, have a flutter motion, not sure what type of jigs there are out there LOL sorry! Still bit of a noob.