Bass point

elferoz777

22 hours ago, noelm said:

Yes, it's pretty good, just take a look any day of the week on the point East of the gravel loader, it will be shoulder to shoulder casting, lots of the yellow raincoat brigade there, all catching (and keeping) Salmon, big Slimies, Bonito, Frigates and small Kingfish.

Cheers Noel

They would be fishing pilchards under a float, wouldn't they.

3 hours ago, noelm said:

Bit of both, floats, and some spinning, I think the regulars kind of line up to make it hard for anyone else to fish, strangers usually get a bit of a cold shoulder.

Yeh i had a bloke have go at me fir wearing kleats. Said if i needed them i should be fishing there......i was more worried about the lures flying mm past my head or drowning moreso than being a hard ass.

On 3/3/2017 at 8:45 AM, noelm said:

Bit of both, floats, and some spinning, I think the regulars kind of line up to make it hard for anyone else to fish, strangers usually get a bit of a cold shoulder.

Any good beach fishing spots around Shellharbour?  I was down Bass point for a look yesterday. Most people catching fish on pillies under a float.

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Almost all the beaches fish OK, up towards Lake Illawarra tends to be a bit more consistent, but Shellharbour South beach is good too, use worms for bait for just "general" fishing or Pilchards and lures for Tailor and Salmon, lots of mixed size Tailor around, pretty big swell today though.

Awesome. Thanks.I've got a few different size slices and lures. Size wise what sort of weight lure would you be using? Hoping the swell dies down this week so I can get out and use my new rod.