My Old Girl Under Rebuild

Steber19

Trying to upload pics of the old girl but the size of pic is too big even after cropping,suggestions

Got one up for starters, this is my 75 Stebercraft V Clinker Plus 19 footer, she was a volvo stern drive but I hated it so yanked it out, converted transom, beefed it up, I went with a second transom infront, this section between the two is going to be self draining when I fi d a suitable scupper I like, the engine bay infront of second transom serves two purposes, underneath the new rear floor I fitted is two bilge pumps, I am boxing the engine bay up with a false floor in here the two batteries will sill with the safteys, either side of the box will be two folding seats, she had a huge underfloor tank which I pulled out so this cavity will also be boxed out, divided in to esky one end bait tank the other, padded top somewhere to sit and keep the beer cold, lot of ply and glassing to do, front seats Im custom building the boxes I retained the front cushions of the back to back bases i like a high helm seat the rear seats will be set back bit further then your normal back to backs as I want to build tackle lockers into the bases,

Rocket launcher will go on set to rear of screen, I thought about sun shade dismissed the usual bimini tops as they dont last, ill have the old fashioned canopy modified so it will cover the front seats but with side curtains and windows that can be rolled up and the canopy itself can fold forward to the screen when not needed, it has the hatch in forpeak to get access to the fwd deck, useless bloody thing unless your a stick insect and im not lol, usual stuff like berley pot on port side of transom Im an amputee lost left leg below knee Im going to fit a swim platform on stbd side to assist me getting in the thing those coaming rails wont let you hop over unless your 7 foot tall and there real nut crackers, havent sorted out the electrics yet, the hull work going to tie me up this year hopefully next spring Ill drop her in the drink.

Engine wise I have two donks a nice Force 150 1995 model low time or my faithfull old 140 Merc Blueband, i like old boats and real motors.

image.jpg

Edited by Steber19

I work on it almost daily, you cant see the amount of work that went into the transom, it wasnt rotten but had gaping great hole after the volvo aq100 leg fell out of it, reinforced in and out, glassed, theres nearly 4 litres of resin that just went into the back end, even half an hour a day spent on it soon sees stuff done

NICE ONE mine had the Volvo leg with a ford crossflow 250..yanked it out and went with a 165 mercruiser and alpha leg ..made it a bit bum heavy so just moved stuff to balance it out  was a good hull in the water  but I luv my vsea now..good luck with the build..rick

Looks like you have grabbed the bull by the horns here ..... Steber19

As for your pictures .. try Microsoft Office Picture Manager . If you have it .. and just edit the pictures for web based.. works a treat

Obviously done the homework here.. looking forward to seeing the project as she goes along through the transformation.

Good luck

Oh im a glutton for punishment i have 5 boats, the other 4 are eventually going to be restored, its kinda my hobby soon to be my buisness, I love the classic glass boats, im dragging this lil guy home tomorrow Pride Starfire GT only 15 footer got an old classic Merc 1100 for it, 

image.jpg

Edited by Steber19