Tailor, flathead from Maroubra-and they are good size

wchh

A lot of fish on Maroubra beach last night. I was the only one fishing the beach. Caught 9 fish between 7:30 to 9:30 pm. Tailor are all about 40-45cm, one flathead got to close to 55cm. All size are estimate except the smaller flaty is measured 38cm.Did not have time to measure them all.IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5402.JPG

Charles

16 hours ago, papafish said:

nice one mate! do you mean you were fishing at the actual beach where people swim??? or towards the rocks:)

Yes. But after swimmers and surfers get out of water

12 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

80lb leader :blink:

80lb leader is now my default setup when fishing the beach at night. Mainly for the purpose of preventing from bitten off by large tailor. I may use lighter leader during the day. But rarely lighter than 40 lb.

12 hours ago, luvbigfish said:

Do you eat the tailor ?

I recently found them pretty good in the oven. Prepare a mixture of soy sauce, cooking wine, strong flavoured herbs (to mask the strong smell of tailor, the  mixed herb from supermarket will do and I will also add some chilli paste), a bit of peanut oil or any other thing you prefer. Marinate the fish (cross hatch the flank) in fridge for a few hours. Bake at 220c for about 25min. 

Pretty good prepared this way. This is my recipe anyway.

Charles