some fish after the rain

With the rain finally settled it was time to have a crack at some fish. The water is still off colour but full of baitfish. Started off with working pylons with cranka crabs and on the second pylon the line gave a familiar twitch a quick strike and I was onto a reasonable bream

20170325_112223.jpg

a good start to the session

coupe of pylons further along the crab was smashed on the drop and took off with the current after a tussle out came a slightly better bream

20170325_110919.jpg

further along the pylons get deeper with more current switched the light crab to the heavy, put a cast right up against the pylon as it reached the bottom a fish casually picked it up and swam off, it was only when it felt the weight that I realized this was a much better fish after a nervous fight steering the fish around the pylons a solid bream came out

20170321_103626.jpg

with no more pylons to cast at it was time for a change in tactics, walk the flats casting hardbodies.

Started off with a sinking "Daiwa Yonagi" with almost immediate success

20170317_101507.jpg

After many casts with nothing else I decided to try something new. I recently bought some sinking stickbaits after a bit of trial and error the fish started coming

20170403_093533.jpg

no monsters but enough to keep me entertained

20170401_102727.jpg

just worked the stickbaits similar to a soft plastic, a few erratic twitches followed by a pause letting it sink back to the bottom, the flathead found them irresistible,

cheers for reading

Dave   

17 hours ago, big Neil said:

Well done Dave, you certainly know your fishing techniques. Were you outside of the Southernmost affected areas from T/C Debbie? Good pics, too. BN

Thanks Neil, Debbie stopped up in the Northern Rivers about 250km north of me, I feel for the poor buggers in Lismore hopefully they get back up and running again soon  

11 hours ago, macca02 said:

Looks like a good session!

What brand/name is those stickbaits - I've never tried sinking stickbaits for bream/flathead, would love to give it a shot.

The stickbaits are "Yakamito" intruder, there are plenty of different brands on the market, definitely worth a shot 

• 2 weeks later...