Formosa.

wsyfisher

Hey guys, has anyone bought a new Formosa 5.5 tomahawk centre console and used it for offshore fishing. Tossing up between it and Tabs. Any other suggestions appreciated, I want a dry ride and of course the most comphy in some slop. Cheers. 

4 hours ago, wsyfisher said:

Hey guys, has anyone bought a new Formosa 5.5 tomahawk centre console and used it for offshore fishing. Tossing up between it and Tabs. Any other suggestions appreciated, I want a dry ride and of course the most comphy in some slop. Cheers. 

4 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

a dry ride an comfy  sounds like you need a glass boat not a bang bang..rick

I think there are much softer riding hulls than the Formosa but i think they sit really well at rest and they are a nice platform to fish from as lots of room. 

I have a Surtees 5.5 Hard Top and no Bang Bang for me and I am always dry. Go out in all sorts of weather. Very happy with it. Rides better than a lot of glass boats. 

not disrespecting tinnies but ive fished all my life and been in numerous alloy boats..my mates own them and I fish in them..but.i have never found one that rides as good as same size glass hull..stessl.amm.tabs.barcrusher trailcraft.blahblah.people buy glass or alloy to suit their needs don't let me influence you I was just making a snide comment on tinnies as I have never heard of one being "comfy'...rick