Jewie Plastics

lurespinner

Spot on swaff, can't say that one lure in particular has produced more than others. I do have some that i have more confidence in and will try first though. These are 4'' berkley power minnows, and squidgy fish in sizes 4,5 or 6 black/gold or gary glitter.

Good luck lurespinner :thumbup:

Hi Lurespinner,You will need a jighead heavy enough to get to the bottom in whatever current you encounter ,the jews seem to be on the bottom most of the time ( i have only fished for em in daylight hours) and any plastic bigger than 5 or 6 inches seem to work well on schoolies and dont be shy about using a big hook either

They'll hit 3" bass minnows if you put it in front of them. I've taken probably 40+ jews to 10kg on 3" bass minnows.

This may be a silly question Andrew, but were you targeting jews with the 3inch minnows as i would have thought them to be a bit small. BTW, thanks for your previous advice on lure and jighead selection, i put them to good use on the Gold Coast last week and hooked up (but lost :ranting2: ) 2 good fish on them which is the closest ive come yet to cracking one on a lure. The bloke next to me (i was on an estuary charter) got one on a livebait after i dropped mine that went 40 lb. I will post a report soon.