Wollongong snapper

Hey guys anyone know of good locations to get snapper from the rocks around Wollongong? I usually hit down around black head at gerroa and around bombo north headland but looking for locations a bit closer. Any suggestions would be great. Really want to rip in a good snapper on plastics this winter.

Closer as in 5 minutes from Wollongong? ?

Havent really targeted snapper land based but get them as by catches every so often when rock hopping for pelagics.

Best place I landed them was at Hill60, Honeycomb point side.

37 minutes ago, Lungfai76 said:

The one closest to the island, you'll know it right away as the whole ledge looks like honeycomb ?

Cheers mate are people still getting Pelagics of hill 60?

25 minutes ago, Lungfai76 said:

Not really, the squid are in numbers but the pelagics didn't really fire up. Plenty of sea cabbage and grass around also if you are into blackfish.

I'm from the central coast but I stay in port Kembla a lot mate where abouts do you guys get squid if you don't mind sharing bud can pm if you like

Edited by geshy

All ledges at hill60 produce squid. The rectangular end looking ledge is the best spot but the others produce as well. Best jig is a spiked yellowtail but the lures produce just as well. If you need me to map the place I can do that for you.

Port Breakwall also produces squid ocean side (bout halfway up, only squid here when swell is calm)

3 hours ago, Lungfai76 said:

All ledges at hill60 produce squid. The rectangular end looking ledge is the best spot but the others produce as well. Best jig is a spiked yellowtail but the lures produce just as well. If you need me to map the place I can do that for you.

Port Breakwall also produces squid ocean side (bout halfway up, only squid here when swell is calm)

Thanks mate appreciate it and sure that would help if u don't mind mate