Uniden 425 VHF issue

sleepydragon

Hi Raiders,

My Uniden  425 VHF marine radio is making static sound when receiving signal on any marine channel including ch16 and tried to tune the squel knot to get the correct frequecy but it it does not help. Checked my antenna with the multi meter I get good continuity. Not sure what happens. Please help

Cheers

Hi, i had simlar issues with a 250, i took it in and they found that some part had failed, not a big fix, about 60 bucks, worth getting it checked and without sounding like a tosser..presume u have got it on internationale settings eh. Good luck mate.

On 6/24/2017 at 7:47 PM, Swivelfish said:

Hi, i had simlar issues with a 250, i took it in and they found that some part had failed, not a big fix, about 60 bucks, worth getting it checked and without sounding like a tosser..presume u have got it on internationale settings eh. Good luck mate.

THanks alot, where do I can check it ? Or give uniden a call?

Cheers

On 6/24/2017 at 7:47 PM, Swivelfish said:

On 6/23/2017 at 6:41 PM, rickmarlin62 said:

have you changed anything ??? try separate power wire to battery or battery pack and that will discount static coming from other appliances..gps  sounder  stereo  ....if on same loom this can often happen..rick

Will do this week. Thanks for your advise.

• 1 month later...