Kurnell kings

REELCRAZY

With my boat trip out wide cancelled due to swell I prepped the yak and met a fellow fishraider for a yak session out of Kurnell today. We launched at first light and hit a close by reef in search of action. Sounded lots of bait but nothing chasing it. After a few moves in location we found a good school of kings and drifted down squid strips that I had caught during the week. (See post "green eyes"). The heaviest outfit I had  packed was 20lb and the good sized kings made short work of me today, losing every king I hooked. I jagged a small cuttle on a plastic that I live baited and it was smashed within a minute. Pulled the hook on this one after a quick tussle. As I was drifting down baits with a fully stacked sounder screen I could see kings circling below. Awesome!! Landed some trevally and big red rock cod but no kings.

grest session, good times. Good to see numbers of kings still around the bay..... Next time!!

Edited by REELCRAZY

38 minutes ago, Regan said:

nice report

pain not hooking up any kings but good theyre still around

Hooking up to them was not the problem mate, I hooked into a few. Landing them on 20lb around structure was the hard bit 

I'm surprised they went really hard. Ive found them to be really lethargic up here! Maybe you went to soft on them??? Lock it up, and lift and wind! Either wa, at least you found them! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

I'm surprised they went really hard. Ive found them to be really lethargic up here! Maybe you went to soft on them??? Lock it up, and lift and wind! Either wa, at least you found them! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Yeah light gear in 5-8 metres of water makes it interesting