The entrance nsw questions

josh tusa

welcome to the forum josht

if you are fishing landbased,

the chanel is good for flatties or you can wade out onto a sandbar and cast around the dropoffs there, i usually use softplastics around 3 inches with curltails, then i will take a pice of pipe with me and put a bait rod out with mullet fillet on it

I used to do really well on the south west side of the bridge.

id pull my boat up there n fish towards the boat hire shed,

bream, flathead, Taylor n now n then a decent Jewish. 

I moved back to Sydney and cant get away to fish there much anymore. 

But will be selling up soon to move back to the water soon. ?

Cant wait!!!

Edited by Trailcraft43

hi mate i have had sucess on flathead on the channel highlighted in black

fish with a light leader around 10lb and i use zman grubs in bloodworm but any smallish soft plastics will work

bt (2).png

Edited by ARC H
makes sense now

Hi,

Are you talking landbased or from a boat?

Do you only mean fishing Tuggerah Lake?

I am mostly landbased so will talk about that.

There are 3 channels: the main one to the sea east and west of the bridge, the north channel beside the Central Coast Highway north of the bridge, and the south channel tailing south to Long Jetty from the boat ramp at Picnic Point.

Land based fishing them all is good for bream, blackfish and flathead with whiting coming along too. Jewfish nearer to the sea but also in other parts of the lake. Tailor are currently making an appearance which they do most years but more out in the main channel west of the bridge. Of course prawning in season. We also get estuary perch in season.

I haven't fished the creeks and rivers flowing into the lake but again bream and estuary perch as well as bass upstream are around.

Apart from the Lake there's a good beach fishing along The Entrance Beach and the rocky headlands also provide good fishing.

Really, there's lots of places to fish. It's just a matter of getting into it and learning where and when to go and what species to target. Travel around the spots and watch what people are doing. As a rough guide, whiting and flathead in summer and blackfish and bream I winter though you can score most species year round.

KB

• 2 months later...

On 7/3/2017 at 8:57 PM, Regan said:

welcome to the forum josht

if you are fishing landbased,

the chanel is good for flatties or you can wade out onto a sandbar and cast around the dropoffs there, i usually use softplastics around 3 inches with curltails, then i will take a pice of pipe with me and put a bait rod out with mullet fillet on it

Forgot to reply, thanks for the help it did work i caught a few small flatties and 1 solid bream, all released thanks so much man! 

On 9/23/2017 at 0:45 PM, josh tusa said:

Forgot to reply, thanks for the help it did work i caught a few small flatties and 1 solid bream, all released thanks so much man! 

np mate,

should be fair few flatties around there now that the water is starting to warm up