The Great Sandy Straits

Blairy

Quick report before i right the big one, me and my brother and a couple of solid mates headed to Tin Can Bay to pick up a hire boat a much anticipated break from Sydney.

Margot from Tin Can Bay Houseboats was unreal and the set up of her boats are second to none.

Motored out of Tin Can and headed up the Great Sandy Straits, with ideas on fishing and crabbing anything that looked fishy.

What an amazing waterway sea life, bird life and sunsets to die for, I will post more pictures when I get them onto a computer, simply though we caught fish everywhere we went, no stand outs but fishing day and night and at anchorage or whether it was setting the crab pots in the creeks for a muddy in the tender, it was outstanding.

Needed a liver detox after but a trip I will do again for sure, especially now we have some more knowledge.

Garry's anchorage and Kauri Creek provided lots of fun and the latter provided me with my first ever squid, 5 in 10 minutes which was a lot of fun and very tasty with chilli mud crabs, fresh Flathead, Bream and flounder.

Here is a pic of the boat in Kauri with me and the squid, check the millpond behind me :)

Fraser Island Squid (Calamari).jpg

Cheers

Blairy