NIPPER PUMPING NARRABEEN LAGOON HELP

THE BREAM REAPER

hey fellow raiders, this is my first post, not sure if i am in the right section....but anyway, i have been planning on chasing whiting in Narrabeen lagoon this upcoming summer (:1worthy:BRING ON SUMMER!!!)  and i heard live nippers is prime bait for these fish. is there any good spots on the lagoon where i can get some nippers? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers,

THE BREAM REAPER

hey mate,

welcome to the forum, yeah this is in the right section.

i cant really help you with nippers for your location but i use them and they are an awesome whiting, bream and flattie bait, especially live.

when i rig them up i pin them through the tail as then they will sit freely in the water and i heard that they also snap their claw when rigged throught the tail which attracts fish

look around on sandflats you should see their holes on top of of a mound of dark silty sand there should be a few holes around each other

let us know if you find them they are an awesome lightly weighted bait

On 8/7/2017 at 9:16 PM, ARC H said:

look around on sandflats you should see their holes on top of of a mound of dark silty sand there should be a few holes around each other

Arc H, do you know any land based spots to pump them on the Central Coast?

2 hours ago, seasponge said:

The entrance 

haha i can never explain locations show i had to do this pic the sand flats change formation but head near their and around those flats you should find their holes.

Terrigal lagoon has also got them  

gfui.png

2 hours ago, seasponge said:

anoter great spot is patonga creek,i have found the entrance has smaller ones whereas patonger has bigger ones and a biggger quantity

6 minutes ago, Regan said:

anoter great spot is patonga creek,i have found the entrance has smaller ones whereas patonger has bigger ones and a biggger quantity

i have always had more luck at the entrance it just where you go there

A heads up when you're pumping nippers - 

Don't just pump once at a set of holes, and move on. Pump 2-3 times, and if you get any nippers, pump that same spot a few more times. The most success I've ever had pumping nippers is 6-7 times in the one hole, and the last pump (Real deep in the sand, with a partially collapsed tunnel network they use to travel below sand) I bucketed 12 nippers on the final pump alone.

P.S. Welcome to Fishraider!

Cheers,

Wellzy