Need some pointers to head off Newcastle

Mitch02

Hey guys heading out off Newcastle this weekend only in a little boat so not to far, to be honest I got no idea do I just look around on the sounds and use pillies on a patternoster I found a few marks for some reefs and wrecks should I try them or try get some livies I'll take any assistance I can get as it will be more than what I know now 

thanks fellas 

u can catch livies in near the adolphe wreck on the outside of stocko wall..there is a red beacon visible about 3 mile nth in a straight line with the breakwall..its known as nth reef..kings hang round the beacon..the majority of the reef is inside the beacon..reds trag bream tailor bonnies...hope this helps..rick

a short length of thirty or forty as shock trace will suffice for kings..if they are there anchor up so your twenty mtrs upcurrent from beacon start some burley and fish free swimming livies  jigs and surface and sps work as well put one livie straight under boat with reasonable size sinker and lift 1.5/2.0 mtrs off bottom ..you never know when there are big kings deep or jew..rick