Warm Brown Goon

bombora

Apologies for not getting to the flycasting day at Narra on Sunday; got a phone call and had to work in the morning :thumbdown: . Always the way.

Anyway I was so peeved at missing the casting lessons went down to Queenie Lagoon for the last hour of light on Sunday evening after work. And, miracle of miracles, actually had some fun. Nothing decent but three bream to 25cms and two flatties _ wriggler and 35cms _ was a whole heap of fun considering the place has been stone dead (for me anyway) for months. Watermelon minnows and smallest Squidgy flickbaits on either 1/20th head or resin head, and River2Sea mini vibe (? the tiniest vibe anyway, about 3cms long) in gold were the go. Also missed a thumping great midwater strike among a spray of bait (yes there was some surface activity!!).

Monday evening did the same thing, even though the water was heaps murkier thanks to rain. This time two bream and two flatties, with one lizard a slightly nicer model at approx 50cms (released at waters edge thanks to head shake). The mini vibe is damn handy for prospecting (can cover more ground with faster retrieve).

The eastern drop off is looking the best I've seen it for ages! Really really nice defined hole and great flow on the evening high coming from the entrance drain thingy. The squirt worms seem to ahve returned too!) Toasty goon water. My feet may turn black and fall off soon but it was very nice standing in ankle deep water and casting just past the drop off with the resin heads _ the bream surface strikes would come as the resin head just came into the centimetres deep water. Cheers Bombie

Apologies for not getting to the flycasting day at Narra on Sunday;

And if we told you that your name was second I think it was, out of the hat for the door prize, would that make you feel any better? :biggrin2:

Good to see the "goon happening for you. :thumbup:

Guest bluecod

.... your name was second I think it was, out of the hat for the door prize,

That's almost below the belt Joe! :1wallbash:

Good to see the 'goons picking up, but they always seem to fire up a bit when there's a bit of fresh.

We won't tell Knapers whose name was first. Or was it Djmac?

Seing the cats outta the bag..... :074::074:

Knapers

Bombora

Ankles.......

who else was there? :biggrin2:

Bad luck about missing the social Bombora. :thumbdown:

Sounds like you made up for it with a few fish though. :thumbup:

Just make sure you get the boss to give you a guaranteed exemption from being called in during the next social. You could even chuck a sicky, as long as you don't have one of those a$#hole bosses that gets you videotaped by a private investigator on your hard earned day off.

Then again, that might be a good thing. We could get Fishraider on the telly! I wonder what rating a half hour Fishraider fishing show would get. :wacko::074:

Shane

:1fishing1:

AAAHHHHHHHHH you F#KK withs i waas so so so keeeeeeeeeeen on goin to the social , why did you have to say that, my mum was sick, ahhhhhhhhhhhh spewin, that is far far far below the belt.

To think i have never even thrown a fly. ..............

Guest bluecod

AAAHHHHHHHHH you F#KK withs i waas so so so keeeeeeeeeeen on goin to the social , why did you have to say that, my mum was sick, ahhhhhhhhhhhh spewin, that is far far far below the belt.

To think i have never even thrown a fly. ..............

:ranting2: :ranting2: :mad3::1fishing1::1happybday:

Bad luck knaps - at least you know you were doing a good thing by your Mum - how many times do you think she has curtailed activities to look after you when you were crook :074::074: