Sydney Harbour surface action

bojulabah

Went wide today (Wednesday) and boated 17 rat Kings - none over 65?, but a lot of fun on light gear.

Came inside the heads when the southerly blew up about lunchtime and the sounder was  chockers with fish - there were lots of gulls circling, but none diving. Several casts with tiny metal and pillies, resulted in nice sized salmon and 35-40 cm  Trevalyy.

• Like 1

Nice job mate. I have had my worst winter season fishing of all time, so it's nice to know that at least someone is catching anything.

Out of curiosity, what is considered light gear for kings? I was thinking of using my 20lb outfit for chasing kings, but I'm not 100% it's going to be up to the job.

Nice to see some surface action around the heads. I plan to head out saturday morning for an SP session around some of the washed and maybe out wide for some snapper in deeper water.. hopefully i have your luck.

On 30/08/2017 at 9:19 PM, Aardvarking said:

Nice job mate. I have had my worst winter season fishing of all time, so it's nice to know that at least someone is catching anything.

Out of curiosity, what is considered light gear for kings? I was thinking of using my 20lb outfit for chasing kings, but I'm not 100% it's going to be up to the job.

Not just you mate, my house-mate runs a charter in Terrigal and has had to cancel 9 of his last charters and has had 3 doughnuts when he did go out...the water has only just dropped in temp so maybe some late season love will show up. We have resorted to rock hopping for blackies and grouper on the fly....the grouper have yet to be landed ?

On 30/08/2017 at 9:19 PM, Aardvarking said:

20lb is plenty for legal fish with a bit of 30-40lb leader. Bigger ones need a bit more grunt