Bate Bay

Yowie

Headed out this morning to Bate Bay, somewhere south of the Lighthouse. The swell had dropped, but, as usual, the wind was blowing from the west, Not real strong, but the further out, the stronger the gusts and the bigger the wind chop. Needed a fair bit of line out even with a 6 ounce sinker.

Only 5 legal blue spots, and not much over the size at that. Released the same number of undersize ones. No birds working. Was not too pleasant, so bounced my way back inside the Hacking.

As the tide was low, I pumped a few nippers and drifted various sand banks for 1 toad. :wacko:  Saw 1 little flattie swimming over the bank, 2 mullet jumping, and that was it, so headed home.

fish.jpeg.111.png

I was out on tuesday too, I saw a little tinnie with one guy in it heading back in when i was at Ooborne Shoal, Thought it might of been you.  No flathead out from the bombie tried heaps of depths for one flaty and one red spot. Managed a feed drifting the reef edges, but nothing special. 

Ash

1 hour ago, Oscarthebeagle said:

I was out on tuesday too, I saw a little tinnie with one guy in it heading back in when i was at Ooborne Shoal, Thought it might of been you.  No flathead out from the bombie tried heaps of depths for one flaty and one red spot. Managed a feed drifting the reef edges, but nothing special. 

Ash

Ash,

I was a bit out from Osbourne Shoal, no other lunatic out there, so it was probably me. I did see a boat in the distance near the Shoal.

I spoke to another fisho when I moved back up river. He was out earlier drifting for flatties, but only found barracouta, so he moved up river as well, and had very little to show for it.

Dave.