Yakkas northern beaches

Howdoweplaythis

30 minutes ago, Howdoweplaythis said:

Hi everyone, 

I like to fish the beaches with live yakkas but was wondering where the closest location to catch yakkas was in relation to the northern beaches? I know a few people get them from Roseville boat ramp but this is technically a no fishing spot. 

Cheers 

Most wharves have them, most of the deeper rock fishing spots have them and so do quite a few of the shallower ones- tell us where you are fishing and I can try to be more specific

9 hours ago, Howdoweplaythis said:

Hi everyone, 

I like to fish the beaches with live yakkas but was wondering where the closest location to catch yakkas was in relation to the northern beaches? I know a few people get them from Roseville boat ramp but this is technically a no fishing spot. 

Cheers 

Are you land based or in a boat?

From the north every spot I know land based;

Palm Beach Ferry wharf, Barranjoey ocean side of headland, North Whale, South Whale, Wharf at avalon down the back of Pittwater (forgotten name), North Curly, Bluefish , Harbord rocks , Manly Ferry wharf and surrounds plus rocks towards gasworks, Balmoral "island" and wharf Clifton Gardens and that will do

6 hours ago, PaddyT said:

From the north every spot I know land based;

Palm Beach Ferry wharf, Barranjoey ocean side of headland, North Whale, South Whale, Wharf at avalon down the back of Pittwater (forgotten name), North Curly, Bluefish , Harbord rocks , Manly Ferry wharf and surrounds plus rocks towards gasworks, Balmoral "island" and wharf Clifton Gardens and that will do

Where abouts in Curly? Is it off the rocks? I have never caught yellowtail off the rocks before but willing to learn 

Edited by Howdoweplaythis