Port Hacking boatramps

Hooked-Up

All the boat ramps are located on the other side of the river as far as I'm aware.One thing I've learnt about the port is that the better the day/weather especially in spring/summer the earlier you better be on the water as the ramps get very busy and you can have a hike and a half sometimes up steep hills going to get the car/trailer.

Depends on your boat size. I like Dolans Bay (Wally's Wharf) as its good for my boat/system but it gets busy and there is a steep hill to walk up for parking. I have a mate who had a boat over 7m and he had trouble getting the boat out because the ramp was a bit steep and the boat would float above the trailer. Yowie bay is also a pretty new facility which has a bit better parking but it is further from the heads. If you have a small boat there used to be (not sure if its still there) a boat ramp at water street near the dolans bay ramp but i have never used it.

As mentioned previously the Grays Point and Yowie bay boat ramps are the pick.

Yowie bay is probably the best, but no fish cleaning or wash down facilities.

Grays Point is a little further to get too, but has wash down facilities, but no fish cleaning table.

There also is Cronulla, but only for small boats, pick the tides and limited parking.

Both Yowie bay and Grays Point have pontoons. Grays point also has a beach that you can pull your boat up on.

As for times and with all boat ramps, you either need to go at night, get there early or I often go around 11:00am - 12:00 noon and jag a spot, when all the fisher people start heading back.

Port Hacking is one of the best waterways around for boating leisure. But, I have found, is a little hard work with fishing.

Happy boating.

• 2 weeks later...