g'day lads haven't had much time to go out fishing lately due to work. but got out the other night to target squid at the normal hunting grounds wallys wharf cronulla fairy wharf and gymea and absolutely nothing was talking to one lad at the fairy wharf and had told me its been dead for a while is it just me or you other blokes been having the same trouble btw lads I'm land based. 

I have heard lots of report with squid being quiet recently.  Boat and land based.

i got two and a baby cuttle from a boat in Botany Bay around lunch yesterday.

Edited by Welster

7 hours ago, Welster said:

I have heard lots of report with squid being quiet recently.  Boat and land based.

i got two and a baby cuttle from a boat in Botany Bay around lunch yesterday.

its been shitting me to tears welster lol think its time to target something else for a wee bit <_<

4 hours ago, Regan said:

this isnt around your area but the other day i caught 3 squid at terrigal in about 45mins

seems like there going strong up ur ways regan sydney fishing has been not so nice to me lately lol and lost a lot of jigs :byebye:

I went down to Gymea baths yesterday, caught a few trevs. About 6 or so people were squidding of a boat and only saw them catch 1 in the couple of hours. Seems pretty dead. A good spot, which may still produce land based is at Bass and Flinders point in port Hacking. 

Edited by trigunner54

2 hours ago, trigunner54 said:

I went down to Gymea baths yesterday, caught a few trevs. About 6 or so people were squidding of a boat and only saw them catch 1 in the couple of hours. Seems pretty dead. A good spot, which may still produce land based is at Bass and Flinders point in port Hacking. 

ill have to give bass and flinders a crack never fished there are u talking bout off the rocks ?

8 hours ago, trigunner54 said:

Were the Trev's of any size?

10 hours ago, JEWGUN2230 said:

ill have to give bass and flinders a crack never fished there are u talking bout off the rocks ?

Yes the rocks, its not dangerous, the rocks are pretty high of from the water and very flat. A footpath also leads to it basically

3 hours ago, trigunner54 said:

Yes the rocks, its not dangerous, the rocks are pretty high of from the water and very flat. A footpath also leads to it basically

cheers trigunner will deffs be giving it a crack. fingers crossed