Clifton Gardens

sam bros

Hi Raiders,

Had a quick fish at Clifton gardens a couple days ago.

Was with the family so wasn't fishing seriously, more so just trying to get them onto a couple fish.

There were thousands of mackerel swimming all around the wharf. So it was really easy for the family to catch a few fish. Threw one out live and used another for bait. No touches on the livie but caught a few just undersized bream on slimy fillets.

Also if anyone is just starting out beach fishing and doesn't know how to read a beach for gutters. Go to freshwater beach, there is a nice deep gutter running all along the beach and looks really fishy. The gutter probably will be gone by next week.20171005_203216.png

Screenshot_20171005-203559.png

didn't take a pic of the gutter unfortunately but it's about 10 metres from the shore. Right in close and deep as well

I was going to fish it in the evening but didn't have time

As for freezing the slimies, the family hates having bait stink up the freezer. So I only keep whatever I'm going to use at the time.

Nice report mate, fish Clifton a lot with family and friends around. When the slimies bite it's really fun. What time did the slimies come and when did they leave? When they fired last time me and a friend caught around 60 between them two of us. Catch them on just about everything. From SPs to slimy chunks, flies, fish tails and anything creative u can come up with. They are either seeped crazy or not around at all. Funny bunch. If u ever plan to hit Clifton again shoot me a pm as I'm quite a regular visitor to that area.

Tip:  Don't ever bother freezing untreated slimies for food or bait as they just turn to mush when thawed.  Eat them fresh (yum) or if you want to store as bait, fillet them then salt them down.  All you need is newspaper (many sheets), slimy fillets and lots of salt.  Salt a layer of fillets then wrap in newspaper and put in fridge overnight or about a day.  They will firm up and can then be frozen & thawed fine.  They stay on your hook well and bream, flathead, etc still love them.

2 hours ago, BIGG DADDA TREVS said:

Nice report mate, fish Clifton a lot with family and friends around. When the slimies bite it's really fun. What time did the slimies come and when did they leave? When they fired last time me and a friend caught around 60 between them two of us. Catch them on just about everything. From SPs to slimy chunks, flies, fish tails and anything creative u can come up with. They are either seeped crazy or not around at all. Funny bunch. If u ever plan to hit Clifton again shoot me a pm as I'm quite a regular visitor to that area.

I used to fish there quite regularly but now only go there when I'm not fishing seriously 

The wharf was packed with people catching slimies. Which is quite good, otherwise it would of been filled with people keeping undersized bream.

I'll be sure to pm you if I fish there soon

39 minutes ago, Ozzybass said:

Tip:  Don't ever bother freezing untreated slimies for food or bait as they just turn to mush when thawed.  Eat them fresh (yum) or if you want to store as bait, fillet them then salt them down.  All you need is newspaper (many sheets), slimy fillets and lots of salt.  Salt a layer of fillets then wrap in newspaper and put in fridge overnight or about a day.  They will firm up and can then be frozen & thawed fine.  They stay on your hook well and bream, flathead, etc still love them.

Yeah I would love salt them and I have previously, But no on at home wants to smell Stinky fish

I only ever keep for same day consumption or bait

Yer well with the amount of people there who are fishing for their first time or fishing solely for a feed some beginners might be misinformed and think it's okay to keep dink bream. What really ticks me off is when I tell em to chuck it back they come up some reason and end up telling me off. In the end most fish go back but some get their buckets kicked in the drink. Defineately message me u go, got a few tricks up my sleeve I wanna pass around to people.