Uncomfortable Reel Seat

Captain Spanner

Hi guys,

I have a bit of an odd question on a mates behalf. He has a Crucis 2-4kg travel rod that he fishes with a 2500 stradic. He loves the action and casting ability of the rod but says that it is uncomfortable in his hand after less than an hour, sometimes half an hour. He said it feels like it rubs or pinches on his hand. I have one at home and can vouch for the nice action but haven't used it enough to experience the discomfort he has spoken about or accurately remember the setup of the reel seat. Has anyone had similar issues with similar or different rods and can you recommend a fix such as tennis racket grip or some type of similar grip or tape, Physio tape etc. I would imagine that anything like that will be a hinderance for removing the reel and will eventualy need replacing as it will get worn and stinky so not too worried about that bit, just trying to make a rod he likes more usable. I wouldn't think a glove would be the best option but i might suggest a thin ninja glove or similar with the fingers cut off for the time being.

Thanks.