Optus/foxtel Discovery Ch 18

Whitto

Hey Whitto...been watchin it now for a few weeks and have even got my :ranting2: into it. It's awesome viewing and sorta tense as well. I wonder how many more to go in the series?

You gotta be a nutbag to work in those conditions as fatigued as they get.. :wacko:

These guys are nuts ...

4 days on almost zero sleep in the Bearing Sea out from Alaska, setting up to 280 crab pots that are big enough to sleep four :1yikes:

Chipping ice off the boat with a sledge hammer in your spare time, trying not to fall overboard or let the boat sink like 42 ships did in that sea last year.

THE most dangerous job in the world ... the ex-navy seal instructor is almost destroyed after the first 8 hours ... resorting to eating raw liver to keep going :1prop:

$40,000 for each crew member ... if they do well ... I'll be watching it next week :thumbup:

i saw one episode of it the other week and one of the new guys fell overboard, they were saying if u r not rescued within the first minute or two u have bucklys chance of living, this guy was one of the lucky ones and ended up back out there the next day ready to face his fear and give it another go.

they have some balls though, not a job for everyone.

Edited by andreweggy

Here you go Harold,

These guys are nuts ...

4 days on almost zero sleep in the Bearing Sea out from Alaska, setting up to 280 crab pots that are big enough to sleep four :1yikes:

Chipping ice off the boat with a sledge hammer in your spare time, trying not to fall overboard or let the boat sink like 42 ships did in that sea last year.

THE most dangerous job in the world ... the ex-navy seal instructor is almost destroyed after the first 8 hours ... resorting to eating raw liver to keep going :1prop:

$40,000 for each crew member ... if they do well ... I'll be watching it next week :thumbup: