Georges River Spots near Milperra for Kids?

kaniSS

Hi Gents,

Any spots you can recommend with good lighting and safe for kids to take my little ones for a night session? Close to Milperra would be good. No eating just catch and release. They have been bugging me all through winter lol. Even little tailor, bream or yakkas to keep them busy for a night. 

Cheers.

Alot of spots can be a bit dark and sketchy for taking kids at night all along the river. There aren't alot i would fish alone myself at night. Lugarno Board Walk down the end of Forest Road near the seafood restaurant is pretty friendly any time people wise. Not so consistent for the fish and not  so easy to fish either as you are up off the water and you need a decent cast and the current moves through there pretty quick. I think it would be about as safe as anywhere as it is right out the end of a dead end road so doesn't get trouble maker traffic.

+1 on Captain Spanner's advice on Lugarno. I used to take my kids there, when they were willing to come out for a fish.

There's no need to cast far, prolly about 2-3m tops for the kids. if there's no action there, you're less likely to get action further out. Plus the current tends to run fast out there. On a higher tide I recommend casting towards the restaurant, however its very shallow and snaggy over there. On that side you'll tend to get quiet a few flatties there. 

You'll find usually Breams/Flatties and whiting around that area. And next common thing you'll find would probably be trevallies. But as mentioned above, can be days with no bites (but still easy and safe for kids there).

There's also a jetty at East Hills park, I haven't fished it myself (only went to check it out one day). So not too sure if you'll get much there.

Thanks guys, looks like Lugarno is the one..Any lights there for night fishing? My eldest loves going at night. Probably because he doesn't go to sleep early hahaha...

I'll pop into Kelso beach as well to have a look, see if they like it.

What about the north side of tom ugly's bridge, I know it's getting a bit away from Milperra but you can park your car and fish from the front bonnet if you wish. The wall may be a little high for little kids though.

Frank

52 minutes ago, kaniSS said:

Thanks guys, looks like Lugarno is the one..Any lights there for night fishing? My eldest loves going at night. Probably because he doesn't go to sleep early hahaha...

I'll pop into Kelso beach as well to have a look, see if they like it.

There are street lights around but not specific lights over the boardwalk. You will need to take torches for tying hooks etc. Unless it is windy there will highly likely be mosquitoes so take your favourite spray.

The jetty at east hills will keep the kids entertained plenty of small to mid sized bream the odd flatty and trevally plus swings nearby.I just rig the little bloke up with a light jig head and substitute the soft plastic with fresh school prawns with the head removed works every time.Havent been there at night but a good lantern will sought it out either way.I Have taken him to Kelso at night and had similar results he got 15 bream there on night up to about 25cm.Good Luck

18 hours ago, frankS said:

There is the small jetty at the boat ramp behind Flower Power can't get much closer to Milperra, but I'm sure you already know that spot.

Frank

Funny you say that I was just looking at that Boat ramp. Nothing fancy I know but a good time wasting spot for the kids...Just a 5 minute drive from me too. Wonder if it holds anything to keep them entertained.

Edited by kaniSS