Avoca Beach tips

relapse

Staying at a place in Avoca beach towards the end of next month for a few days, its rare that i get the chance to fish without having to travel 2hours each way of the location - so im looking to get a bit done.

Does anyone have any tips about the area? From a quick search i can see that there are a tone of varying reviews.

i mostly just bait fish - im assuming the southern rock face and the beach are the best spots for this?

Looks like a good place to throw some metal lures off the rocks at sunrise/set. Never used lures before, any recommendations?

Beach usually fishes well with dead baits. Pilchards and prawns will get you flathead, bream, tailor, salmon and the occasional jew (especially if the lake is open). Whiting and dart are also common. 

Look for the deeper water (gutters) usually around the lake. Southern end near the flags doesn't fish well. 

Rocks are good at the southern end however you will need cleats otherwise you are likely to slip and fall in. I've seen it heaps of times. 

Good luck. 

Guest Guest123456789

A 5 inch white soft plastic on a 3/8 jig head works well dawn and dusk. Check out Copacabana and Winney Bay rocks too - also fish well.