Respooling Tiagra Question

wezbre

Hello all,

ive just invested in a Shimano Tiagra 50W LRS and am wanting to spool with 24Kg Tiagra line. I'm hoping that someone can tell me if i am going to need backing on the reel to load 1000M of 24Kg.

Thank you in advance

The Tiagra 50WLRS is better suited to 37kg due to its fast drag curve, swap it for a 50w or a 30W LRSA for 24kg- you can use backing if you wish -dacron or with the change in gamefishing rules braid. Using a topshot systenm is a good one using splices to dacron - then you can just change the top 250 m every season or after a a few fish. If using braid as a backing I think the more serious gamefishos are using loop to loop conection- but I dont use braid backing so im not sure

On 11/18/2017 at 5:06 PM, PaddyT said:

The Tiagra 50WLRS is better suited to 37kg due to its fast drag curve, swap it for a 50w or a 30W LRSA for 24kg- you can use backing if you wish -dacron or with the change in gamefishing rules braid. Using a topshot systenm is a good one using splices to dacron - then you can just change the top 250 m every season or after a a few fish. If using braid as a backing I think the more serious gamefishos are using loop to loop conection- but I dont use braid backing so im not sure

Pretty sure the Game fishing association of australia didnt implement the rule change regarding braid