Please help make my Old man's Christmas special!

Razzell

Hi all,

I have my father coming over for Christmas and I want to take him fishing as much as I can. 

He taught me to fish and is really excited at the prospect of fishing Sydney and seeing how I live my life. Unfortunately, I can't take him out in the kayaks!

I'm not sure of the rules (have dug around), but would like to ask if anyone could PM me or recommend a charter (or charters) that fit (roughly) the following criteria:

• Looking to fish the harbour systems or inshore reefs - he'll struggle with anything too hectic
  • Early morning start - half day - mid December
  • I think he'd have a blast fishing for the likes of rat kings, salmon, bream, flatties, school jews - if he gets a good fight without pulling a muscle he'll be happy
  • I fish lures almost exclusively so wouldn't mind getting him on them, but the most important thing is to get him on to some fish, so I'm not bait averse 
  • He's a bit of an introvert, so I'd be looking to book something for just the two of us. Not worried about spend at this point, but obviously would rather not go bananas 

My other option is to hire a little run about and take him out myself, but I'd rather give him something a little special if possible

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated - flying a little blind

Cheers,

Razzell

22 hours ago, Razzell said:

Hi all,

I have my father coming over for Christmas and I want to take him fishing as much as I can. 

He taught me to fish and is really excited at the prospect of fishing Sydney and seeing how I live my life. Unfortunately, I can't take him out in the kayaks!

I'm not sure of the rules (have dug around), but would like to ask if anyone could PM me or recommend a charter (or charters) that fit (roughly) the following criteria:

• Looking to fish the harbour systems or inshore reefs - he'll struggle with anything too hectic
  • Early morning start - half day - mid December
  • I think he'd have a blast fishing for the likes of rat kings, salmon, bream, flatties, school jews - if he gets a good fight without pulling a muscle he'll be happy
  • I fish lures almost exclusively so wouldn't mind getting him on them, but the most important thing is to get him on to some fish, so I'm not bait averse 
  • He's a bit of an introvert, so I'd be looking to book something for just the two of us. Not worried about spend at this point, but obviously would rather not go bananas 

My other option is to hire a little run about and take him out myself, but I'd rather give him something a little special if possible

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated - flying a little blind

Cheers,

Razzell

Admin????????????,

Are there any harbour charters advertising on the site?

Can I recommend fishing charter companies to Razzell?

I am from the UK and try and come over for Xmas to visit my daughter and grandkids and a couple of years ago my Xmas present from her was a fishing trip with a company in Botany Bay, he supplies the gear and bait. We set off at 6am and got back in about noon. Had a great day, caught plenty of fish and he was a great skipper. Check out his web site as there are places available in December.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
PERSONAL MESSAGE REGARDING THE CHARTER OPERATOR PLEASE