Botany Bay/george's River Since The Pro's Are Gone!

Wayne_D

There have been some great reports of flatties, jews etc from the George's and Botany Bay. How do you think this waterway is going since the pro's have been banned? Anecdotally it seems to be getting better and better. What do you reckon?

Cheers

Wayne

bloody oath jewnut... i wish they did it to the h'bury as well. I fished the h'bury for 15 years, live locally to it and have had to turn my back on it for it's inconsistancy to produce fish. I now travel through the entire length of Sydney (you know how frustrating that can be) to fish the rich waters of the bay. I know i can do this trek and come home with a bag limit of fish alot of the time, it's worth the effort.

I did not fish the bay much b4 the pro closures were introduced so i only have experience on what it is like now after it. If the bay is anything to go by ATM then pros should be pissed off outta every inlet in aust.

I can't see myself going back to the h'bury for a while unless the jew bug hits me :1fishing1:

I have been fishing the area for the last 25 odd years and while I can recall some very good fishing early in the piece, I believe that "The Bay" is now fishing better than it has for quite some time overall.

However I do miss the oyster leases!

I have been fishing the area for the last 25 odd years and while I can recall some very good fishing early in the piece, I believe that "The Bay" is now fishing better than it has for quite some time overall.

However I do miss the oyster leases!

I wonder if the leases in the bay succumbed to the same desease as the ones in the h'bury?

Did you fish them b4 or are you talking from purley a cuisine standpoint?

QX has virtually wiped out the commercial sydney rock oyster industry, I believe that the farmers etc. are messing about with some different breeds to re-establish an industry of sorts.

The fishing was definately better when the leases were there, I used to know a bloke who looked after the leases, fishing with him was great, no electric moters, just a huge stinking work punt that would drag every bream in the area to it as they were used to feeding on what went over the side! I was fishing baits back then and getting bricked on 6kg regularly! Saw some bloody monsters swimming round and caught only a few!!!!

I was pretty sure I'd heard they were trying to re-establish the leases too, but didn't want to say anything till I found some evidence on the net (I didn't find any last night - found some great pictures of them being worked though). Two lots of hear-say is enough proof :biggrin2: